[Python-Dev] How far to go with user-friendliness

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Jul 18 01:40:21 CEST 2015

Frankly, this kind of inept discussion, where a bunch of folks get hung
up about an extremely minor design decision (who cares whether "assret"
is being special-cased or not? in the actual world, not the fantasy
world of righteous indignation and armchair architects?), is amongst
the reasons why I'm stopping contributing to CPython.

Keep up the good work, you're making this place totally repulsive to
participate in. Every maintainer or contributor now has an army of
voluntary hair-splitters to bother about, most of whom probably aren't
relying on said functionality to begin with.

Regards

Antoine.