[Python-Dev] Mac popups running make test

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun May 10 16:04:11 CEST 2015

I haven't run the test suite in awhile. I am in the midst of running it on
my Mac running Yosemite 10.10.3. Twice now, I've gotten this popup:

​
I assume this is testing some server listening on localhost. Is this a new
thing, either with the Python test suite or with Mac OS X? (I'd normally be
hidden behind a NAT firewall, but at the moment I am on a miserable public
connection in a Peet's Coffee, so it takes on slightly more importance...)

I've also seen the Crash Reporter pop up many times, but as far as I could
tell, in all cases the test suite output told me it was expected. Perhaps
tests which listen for network connections should also mention that, at
least on Macs?

Thx,

Skip