[Python-Dev] Free lists

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon May 11 21:53:31 CEST 2015

Serhiy Storchaka schrieb am 09.05.2015 um 21:01:
> Here is a statistic for most called PyObject_INIT or PyObject_INIT_VAR for
> types (collected during running Python tests on 32-bit Linux).

I'm aware that this includes lots of tests for the Python code in the
stdlib, so these numbers are most likely not too far from what real-world
code would give, but wouldn't it be even better to collect statistics from
a (quick) benchmark suite run? Test suites tend to be very regular, flat
and broad, unlike most production code.

Stefan