[Python-Dev] Mac popups running make test

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Tue May 12 18:14:17 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Skip Montanaro
<skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Twice now, I've gotten this popup: ...
>
> Let me improve my request, as it seems there is some confusion about
> what I want. I'm specifically not asking that the popups not be
> displayed. I don't mind dismissing them. When they appear, I would,
> however, like to glance over at the stream of messages emitted by the
> test runner and see a message about it being expected. It seems that
> the tests which can trigger the crash reporter do this.

In my case, the popups appear but then disappear within a fraction of
a second, and this happens about 10-20 times when running the full
test suite. So I don't have a chance to interact with the popups, and
this causes test failures.

Also, when running a large suite of tests, I may not be looking at the
screen by the time these popups appear. I wouldn't want the tests to
fail nor would I want the test run to stall.

I can't test this right now, but does disabling the "network" resource
avoid these popups? Though even if it does we'll still need a way to
run network-related tests on OSX.

Regards,
- Tal Einat