[Python-Dev] Should I delay 3.5.3 and 3.4.6 by two weeks?

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 03:41:33 EST 2016

> On Dec 18, 2016, at 9:26 PM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
>
> So, if you have an opinion, please vote for one of these three options:
> 	• Don't slip 3.5.3. and 3.4.6.
> 	• Slip 3.5.3 and 3.4.6 by two weeks to match 3.6.0.
> 	• Slip 3.5.3 and 3.4.6 by a whole month, to give 3.6.0 the ability to slip again without us having to change the release.

I vote for not slipping.   2.7.13 is out.  3.6.0 is almost out.  And it would be nice to have the others done as well.  That way, we know the whole source tree is open and can start moving forward without reservations.

Also, I would like the 3.6.0 announcement to not get drowned-out or attenuated by other announcements around older releases (i.e. it would be nice if 3.6.0 was the actual latest release of any version for a while).

Raymond