[Python-Dev] PEP 432 progress: Python initalization

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Dec 14 16:54:52 EST 2017

On 12/14/2017 10:16 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Serhiy Storchaka seems to be worried by the high numbers of commits in
> https://bugs.python.org/issue32030 "PEP 432: Rewrite Py_Main()", so
> let me explain the context of this work :-)

You could have (and still could) made that a master issue with multiple
dependencies.  Last summer, I merged at least 20 patches for one idlelib
file.  I split them up among 1 master issue and about 6 dependency
issues.  That was essential because most of the patches were written by
one of 3 new contributors and needed separate discussions about the
strategy for a particular patch.

I completely agree with keeping PRs to a reviewable size.

--
Terry Jan Reedy