[Python-Dev] Translated Python documentation

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:31:57 EST 2017

> It's getting a little hard to tease out what exactly is being asked at this
> point. Perhaps it's time to move the discussion over to a translation SIG
> (which probably needs to be created unless the old
> https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/i18n-sig makes sense)? That way
> active translators can figure out exactly what they want to ask of
> python-dev in terms of support and we can have a more focused discussion.

Things are already happening in the background on other lists and
other Python projects, but the problem is that the translation project
seems "blocked" for some reasons. That's why I started the thread.

Example of a recent CPython PR, blocked:
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/195
"bpo-28331: fix "CPython implementation detail:" label is removed when
content is translated." opened 7 days ago by INADA Naoki (JP
translation)

Example of  a docsbuild PR:
https://github.com/python/docsbuild-scripts/pull/8
"[WIP] Add french, japanese, and chinese", opened at 12 Dec 2016 by
Julien Palard (FR translation)

See also Julien Palard's threads on python-ideas: no decision was
taken, so the project is blocked.

According to this thread, there is an official GO for official
translations, so these PR should be merged, right?

Victor