[Python-Dev] Issue18299 Change script_helper to use universal_newlines=True in _assert_python

Pranav Deshpande deshpande.v.pranav at gmail.com
Tue May 16 09:55:52 EDT 2017

I am a beginner when it comes to open source contribution and have decided
to take up this issue. I did some basic research about the issue found this
file:

cpython/Lib/test/support/script_helper.py

The function _assert_python call run_python_until_end which call
subprocess.Popen which takes the parameter universal_newlines=True.

But I think that I don't understand this issue. Could anyone guide me from
this point forward?

Regards,
Pranav