[Python-Dev] Python is Bae

Victor Njunu vnjunu at usiu.ac.ke
Mon May 22 15:59:35 EDT 2017

Dear Python,

My name is Victor Mshindi and I am a student at United States International University - Africa(USIU - Africa) studying Information Systems Technology and also a member of the growing tech community. I've been working with python for 2 years now, currently using it for machine learning and web development(Django) and would like to first say thank you for this amazing language and the community you've built.

At USIU we realized there is an increasing number of tech students who aren't self learning and depending on classes only, we also noticed that the community was becoming exclusive for top developers and not passing knowledge to new students. As a result we decide to start a python class to help beginners and then a django class to help them transition and become really good developers. We also hope to grow the python sub community and one day hold our very own Nairobi Pycon giving python developers a chance to learn and interact with members form around Kenya , outside Kenya and hopefully some core python members.

In order to improve the quality of the class we would need to provide attendees branded merchandise, snacks & lunch and hopefully a Skype session with one of the core members. This will help excite them and welcome them in the best way possible to the python community. Therefore I would like to request for support from the foundation by providing a Skype session, Branded merchandise and if possible financial support to buy lunch & snacks.

Regards,
Victor Mshindi
United States International University - Africa
Student and IT Club President,
Django Full stack Developer,
+254-712-619-612
Email Hygiene scanner powered by Forefront Online Protection for Exchange.