[Python-Dev] "Micro-optimisations can speed up CPython"

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon May 29 08:45:19 EDT 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the links.

-            PyObject *value = GETLOCAL(oparg);
+            PyObject *value = GETLOCAL((unsigned)oparg);

Oh, I remember that I proposed to change oparg type to unsigned when
Demur wrote the WORDCODE change. I even wrote a patch, but I got a
segfault and was unable to understand why. It seems like I should try
again, it seems worth it ;-)

Victor