[Python-Dev] Guarantee ordered dict literals in v3.7?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Nov 5 12:50:41 EST 2017

Yup. At least such code will not break in 3.5.

In general if you write code using a newer version you should expect
arbitrary breakage when trying to run it under older versions. There is no
compatibility guarantee in that direction for anything anyways.

I don't see this as a reason to not put this into the language spec at 3.7.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)