[Python-Dev] PEP 564: Add new time functions with nanosecond resolution

francismb francismb at email.de
Sat Oct 21 14:23:55 EDT 2017

If it sounds as there is no need or is unnecessary to you then
it its ok :-), thank you for the feedback ! I'm just curious on:

> That sounds like unnecessary generality,
Meaning that the selection of precision on running time 'costs'?

I understand that one can just multiply/divide the nanoseconds returned,
(or it could be a factory) but wouldn't it help for future enhancements
to reduce the number of functions (the 'pico' question)?

> and also suggests that the API
> might support precisions way beyond what is realistic.
Doesn't that depends on the offered/supported enums (in that case down
to 'ns' as Victor proposed) ?

Thanks,
--francis