[Python-Dev] How is the GitHub workflow working for people?

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Thu Feb 22 10:51:17 EST 2018

It then becomes grunt work for reviewers, who also have to carefully balance encouraging new contributors against preventing the code base from getting worse.

I’d rather have a review bot that can detect problems in PRs and comment on them. We can choose to merge anyway and it won’t keep being noisy, but it also saves committers from potentially telling someone their contribution isn’t welcome because of their camelCase. (Maybe Mariatta’s tutorial will build this bot? Maybe I’ll go and learn how to do it myself :) )

(and here ends my contribution on this topic. Pretty sure we're firmly in core-workflow territory now.)

Top-posted from my Windows phone