[Python-Dev] How is the GitHub workflow working for people?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Feb 22 11:08:15 EST 2018

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 07:51:17 -0800
Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:
> It then becomes grunt work for reviewers, who also have to carefully balance encouraging new contributors against preventing the code base from getting worse.

That's a fair point I hadn't considered.  OTOH the style issues I
usually comment on as a reviewer aren't the kind that would be caught
by an automated style check (I tend to ask for comments or docstrings,
or be nitpicky about some variable or function name).  YMMV :-)

> I’d rather have a review bot that can detect problems in PRs and comment on them. We can choose to merge anyway and it won’t keep being noisy, but it also saves committers from potentially telling someone their contribution isn’t welcome because of their camelCase.

Yeah, that sounds like an interesting feature.

Regards

Antoine.