[Python-Dev] GH-NNNN vs #NNNN in merge commit

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 10:29:33 EST 2018

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 4:58 PM, Mariatta Wijaya
<mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> It has to be manually edited right before you commit/merge on GitHub.
> I don't think it can be automatically changed? Unless we have some kind of
> post commit hook to amend the commit message.

Perhaps it's possible to edit both title and body fields [1]
automatically before merging via a browser extension. I can try to add
it to https://github.com/berkerpeksag/cpython-bpo-linkify Of course,
we would still need to convince people to install it :)

--Berker

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbf7j8jm66t707r/Screenshot%20from%202018-01-25%2018%3A26%3A05.png?dl=0