[Python-Dev] GH-NNNN vs #NNNN in merge commit

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 13:03:07 EST 2018

> Of course, we would still need to convince people to install it :)

Right, that's the challenge :)
I personally use Chrome (!) and I've been using your Chrome extension, so
thank you!
However, I don't feel comfortable making this available only for a specific
browser user, feels exclusionary to me.
Also, sometimes I merge from my phone where there's no chrome extension,
(maybe I really shouldn't be doing that?).

I think the solution should be something not webbrowser specific.

One idea is maybe have a bot to do the squash commit, for example by
commenting on GitHub:
@merge-bot merge <commit title> <commit message>

So core devs can do the above instead of pressing the commit button. Any
thoughts on this?

In the meantime, committers, please try to remember and change the # into
GH- :)