[Python-Dev] We now have C code coverage!

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 06:52:17 EDT 2018

On 22 June 2018 at 23:21, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> Thanks to a PR from Ammar Askar we now run Python under lcov as part of the
> code coverage build. And thanks to codecov.io automatically merging code
> coverage reports we get a complete report of our coverage (the first results
> of which can now be seen at https://codecov.io/gh/python/cpython).
>
> And funny enough the coverage average changed less than 1%. :)

Nice!

One thing I noticed, code that's Windows-specific isn't covered. I
assume that's because the coverage reports are based on runs of the
test suite on Linux. Is it possible to merge in data from the Windows
test runs? If not, what's the best way to address this? Should we be
mocking things to attempt to test Windows-specific code even on Linux,
or should we simply accept that we're not going to achieve 100%
coverage and not worry about it?

Paul