[Python-Dev] Redoing failed PR checks

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu May 9 21:01:41 EDT 2019

Hi,

Le mer. 8 mai 2019 à 16:10, Mark Shannon <mark at hotpy.org> a écrit :
> How do I redo a failed PR check?
> The appveyor failure for https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/13181
> appears to be spurious, but there is no obvious way to redo it.

First, please make sure that a test failure is known in the bug
tracker. Nobody here checked and no: it wasn't reported, whereas I
also saw this bug once last week! (but I was too busy to report it,
sorry!)

I reported the bug:
"test_asyncio: test_drain_raises() fails randomly on Windows"
https://bugs.python.org/issue36870

> BTW, this is not the first time I've seen a PR blocked by a spurious
> appveyor failure.

Please check if every single test failure is known in the bug tracker,
and if it's not the case: report it!

More info about Python CI:
https://pythondev.readthedocs.io/ci.html

I'm trying to fix all tests which fail randomly for 5 years now
(hopefully, with the help of other core devs like Pablo!). It's
getting better, but sometimes new flaky tests pop up.

Victor