[Python-ideas] iter() on steroids

George Sakkis george.sakkis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 17:49:22 CEST 2007

On 4/13/07, Chris Rebert <cvrebert at gmail.com> wrote:

> +0 on your proposal
> I just don't see itertools being used often enough to justify your
> change, but I can see the utility for those instances where it is used
> heavily.

In some sense it's a chicken-and-egg problem. My guess is that one
reason itertools are not used as much as they could/should is that
they are "hidden away" in a module, which makes one think it twice
before importing it (let alone newbies that don't even know its
existence). As a single data point, I'm a big fan itertools and still
I'm often lazy to import it to use, say izip() only once; I just go
with zip() instead.

George