[Python-ideas] This seems like a wart to me...

Adam Olsen rhamph at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:03:48 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Again, I just don't see that (limited) use of regular expressions
> makes programs harder to read or write than proliferating special case
> functions that provide nowhere near the power of a single regular
> expression-based function.

A lot of it is evil by association — we're taught that regex is evil
and should never be used — only later do we figure out that regex is
often the best tool regardless of being evil.

In this case the docs are pretty overwhelming for the minor task.  A
simple "this is all you need for this task" tutorial might help.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus