[Python-ideas] This seems like a wart to me...

Carl Johnson carl at carlsensei.com
Sat Dec 13 21:05:49 CET 2008

I think this discussion is drifting from the point. We all agree that
regexps are great and powerful and no professional programmer should
fail to learn them. But at the same time, it's worth noting that they
are a different language from Python proper, and it's very easy to get
weird results without knowing why.

Anyway, apparently the proposal to allow splitting on a list is dead.
What do people think of the proposal to add a dropitem keyword to
allow the dropping (or retaining) of empty results?

-- Carl