[Python-ideas] Lib/lib-tk goes away, package tkinter joins in

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:05:57 CET 2008

Hello,

(this is an idea for Python 3)

Is there any reason for keeping the directory lib-tk at Lib ? I
believe renaming it to tkinter and making it a package would make more
sense. Tkinter module's code could then reside into __init__.py maybe.
Other change that could be done in this package would be renaming some
modules:

Dialog -> dialog
FileDialog -> filedialog
FixTk -> fixtk

Also, I believe tkSimpleDialog and dialog could be in a single module.
There are other modules like tkColorChooser and tkCommonDialog and
even tkSimpleDialog (and some others) that I'm not totally sure what
to do about them, but for me they should reside in possible a single
module.

That is. Thanks,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves