[Python-ideas] VS2005 project improvement

Pierre Rouleau prouleau001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 03:43:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Victor Martin Ulloa
<pelotoescogorciao at yahoo.es> wrote:

> On the other hand, I see the python 3.0rc1 solution has been saved using VS2008. I think that's bad, because VS2005 users won't be able to open the solution. Ideally, you should provide a python solution for each Visual Studio:
>
> PCBuild_VC6
> PCBuild_VC2002
> PCBuild_VC2003
> PCBuild_VC2005
> PCBuild_VC2008
>
> or provide just the VC6 solution that can be easily converted by all the modern Visual Studio versions.

FWIW, for multiple visual studio projects since VS7, I create
independent solutions for each version of Visual Studio for my own
projects and use a name that embeds the name of the compiler.  I use
.vs6, .vs7, .vs8 and .vs9 to identify the version of Visual Studio.
For example, the project.vs6.dsp, project.vs9.vcproj,
solution.vs6.dsw, solution.vs7.sln, solution.vs9.sln.  This means
duplication but also freedom between projects/solutions for different
version of the tools.

Just my 2cts.

--

Pierre Rouleau