[Python-ideas] Decorator syntax restriction

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Oct 10 16:33:34 CEST 2009

Carl Johnson writes:

 > At this point though, instead of debating subjective stylistic
 > questions I really do think that something like the consenting
 > adults clause should come into play. Why enforce debatable style
 > decisions through arbitrary grammar restrictions?

Well, that's not the point.  The grammar restriction is no longer
arbitrary, it's historical.  The question is there enough here to
warrant relaxing the restrictions, and by how much.

Since decorators can accept arguments, I don't really see a need to
relax it at all.  TOOWTDI, and it may as well stay that way.  But
that's just a -0, since I don't understand the use cases for
extensions that have been presented.