[Python-ideas] a new lambda syntax

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 20 00:05:18 CEST 2009

Masklinn <masklinn at masklinn.net> writes:

> On 19 Oct 2009, at 22:50 , Ben Finney wrote:
> > When the code is more complex than a single expression, it's already
> > complex enough that defining it first and then referring to it makes
> > for clearer code.
> >
> That sounds quite recursive.

Where's the recursion? I'm not defining complexity in terms of
complexity, if that's what you mean; I'm noting that a threshold on one
continuum is located around the same place as a threshold on another.

> Is it a hard rule or are you allowed to write three consecutive
> statements or expressions in some cases?

Of course it's not a hard rule; it's a rule of thumb, if you like.

--
 \           “Either he's dead or my watch has stopped.” —Groucho Marx |
Ben Finney