[Python-ideas] Proposal: Moratorium on Python language changes

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 21 21:57:39 CEST 2009

Jesse wrote:
> I don't think IronPython should support multiprocessing, personally.
> While there are a few things within it that probably make sense
> (managers and the like) does it really make a ton of sense to run
> multiple iron python VMs from a single parent?

The problem w/ this is that people are going to use multiprocessing
and then someone is going to try running code which uses it on
IronPython/Jython and it isn't going to work.  So maybe we could have
a version of multiprocessing that transparently works in a completely
different fashion under the hood but it seems like the module should
still exist and be usable.