[Python-ideas] Making Python more enterprise technology

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:56:11 CEST 2010

Jim said:
> There are also some dynamic/security tradeoffs that BigCorp would make
> differently.  In python, I can reset the values of sys.*, and it will
> affect other programs running on the same virtual machine.

He doesn't say "my employers believe", he quite clearly states that
_he can modify sys.* and it will be picked up by other programs. The
fact that the Python interpreter _doesn't work that way_ he dismisses
as irrelevant shortly after, which I just cannot follow.

If anyone can show me how I can run one python program and have it
modify the sys.stdout of an existing running python process without
explicitly coding the latter to allow for it, please, I'd love to be
enlightened.