[Python-ideas] Object interface to path names

David Townshend aquavitae69 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:49:20 CEST 2011

Thanks for the pointer - PyFilesystem looks perfect for my requirements!

I've had a look at PEP 355 and can see the drawbacks to the proposed
implementation (especially subclassing str), but I'm not clear on what the
problems are with the concept.  Would something like PyFilesystem be any
more palatable?