[Python-ideas] Documenting Python warts on Stack Overflow

Ryan Macy ryan at hackery.io
Mon Dec 31 01:06:08 CET 2012

I'm a young developer (22) that is aspiring to contribute to the python
language and I think another perspective could help the conversation.
What I believe Anataoly is asking for, albeit phrased in a different
manner, is the ability to clearly see what the core issues/needs are in
the language. I've been able to discern through time, and the python
mailing lists, that packaging, multitasking, and timezone support are
areas that could use help. Sure, 'wart' is subjective, but I believe the
point made in between the lines is valid.

Is there a place that holds the key improvements that the python
language needs, so that we can work to it better? If that's the bug
tracker, is there a method already in place that signals areas that need
improvements or fixes? [I know that there are severity levels, etc :)]

FWIW I've joined the python-mentor list, have read most of the devguide,
and lurked on the bug tracker; I still feel like there is tons of
context that I'm missing, which has me chasing PEPs constantly - So I'm
definitely able to resonate the with this thread.

I apologize if I'm waay off target.

_Ryan