[Python-ideas] working on a PEP for the __preview__ package

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 02:34:22 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Before attempting any library refactoring or addition, I would first think
> about placing a feedback mechanism in place to collect public response about
> satisfaction with current stdlib contents, and collecting proposals about
> parts that should be included into stdlib (or another bundle shipped with
> Python).

Sorry anatoly, you're not going to win that one. We're well aware you
don't like the use of mailing lists, the issue tracker, IRC, blogs,
Reddit, Hacker News, Stack Overflow, etc for feedback and want
something else that is formal and structured, but isn't the issue
tracker (since you object to that for reasons I don't really
understand). If you want to set up your own feedback mechanism,
encourage people to use it, and act as a conduit between your new
mechanism and the channels the current core devs are already paying
attention to, feel free.

Cheers,
Nick.