[Python-ideas] Posting style

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jan 10 13:01:14 CET 2012

On Jan 10, 2012, at 09:53 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

>Unfortunately, you're fighting against the default behaviour of many
>current email clients.

We've been fighting damaged email clients for probably as long as there has
been email.  Yes it's a futile fight despite that mail client authors have
known these things for a bazillion years.  Oleg's probably not as old or farty
as me, but I appreciate him at least reminding people of these conventions.
Being aware of them, perhaps we'll all take just a few extra seconds to make
sure our posts are more readable for everyone.

Cheers,
-Barry