[Python-ideas] PEP 3156/Tulip: Extensible EventLoop interface

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:08:02 CET 2013

Thanks for the responses. I think you're right on both counts - in
particular, I'd forgotten the ability to wrap futures for the event
case.

On 5 February 2013 21:28, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> Check the most recent changes that landed in Tulip. The EventLoop
> class has been refactored to bits and pieces, with exactly that
> purpose in mind. (The PEP is a bit behind ATM, and I just broke the
> ProactorEventLoop's ability to act as a server, but I'm on that.)

I'll try to get a chance to look. I haven't really checked the code
for a while, as I've been busy. Did you ever look at my subprocess
code? It was in a bitbucket repo rather than reitveld, my apologies if
that was a problem, I can investigate how to use reitveld if needed.

Paul