[Python-ideas] Preserving **kwargs order (was: Re: OrderedDict literals)

Franklin? Lee leewangzhong+python at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 10:25:43 CEST 2014

> Anyway, you really should look at how CPython and other implementations
do it before proposing changes.

And here's the key point: I wasn't trying to propose a change. I was trying
to offer a suggestion (taking advantage of the keyspace), which someone
else could decide was worth looking into.

I did not come here intending to fight for the idea, but you have put me on
the defensive, and I've felt the need to clarify what I was imagining as
something more than "just wrong", or "missing the point", since we have
different images of what I'm imagining.

I'm not upset, but you seem to have an implicit assumption that this is
what I WANT to have implemented, and it's currently not a very productive
conversation (for Python, though I've learned in the course of it).