[Python-ideas] Clear all caches

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:29:01 CEST 2015

The other elephant might be...

If your caches can grow without bound so that programmers need to know
about them (so they can clear them, in testing or other situations),
then maybe they aren't well-designed. If cache growth is an issue, I'd
rather see an abstract API for LRU (and other) cache types which
intelligently cap cache size. I suspect that long before you hit the
inevitable MemoryError, unbounded caches probably destroy program
performance by causing large-scale swapping.

Skip