[Python-ideas] Clear all caches

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Apr 1 17:35:32 CEST 2015

Actually several of these "caches" aren't caches at all -- deleting data
from them will break APIs. This is true at least for copyreg, the ABC
registry (though the things with cache in their names in ABC *are* proper
caches), and the mime types registry. Also urllib.request.urlcleanup()
removes the opener set by the install_opener() API.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)