[Python-ideas] PEP 485: A Function for testing approximate equality

Marco Buttu marco.buttu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:14:59 CET 2015

On 05/02/2015 18:56, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> - Which module should this go into? (I think math, but I don't think
> you state it.)

In that case it should be isclose(), for consistency with the other
math.is* functions. But wherever we put it, I would suggest to change to
isclose() because in the standard library we usually have issomething()
instead of is_something().

--
Marco Buttu

INAF-Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari
Via della Scienza n. 5, 09047 Selargius (CA)
Phone: 070 711 80 217
Email: mbuttu at oa-cagliari.inaf.it