[Python-ideas] Add 'use warnings' directive, like in Perl

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Feb 11 01:27:38 CET 2015

On 2/10/2015 12:31 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:

> Maybe we should consider including functionality like that in IDLE, but
> that would require giving one static analysis tool the official blessing
> of inclusion in the standard library, which would probably be
> controversial.

There was a tracker proposal to include one particular checker in Idle.
  I rejected that for multiple reasons and suggested instead a framework
for letting a user run *any* checker on editor contents.  This expanded
proposal was part of last summer's GSOC project but needs a bit more work.

The inclusion of pip makes downloading 3rd party modules easier than it
used to be.

--
Terry Jan Reedy