[Python-ideas] Meta: Email netiquette

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jun 13 22:05:51 CEST 2015

Steve Dower <Steve.Dower at microsoft.com>
writes:

> FWIW, from my phone the previous email is completely ineditable and I
> can't even delete it. Hence my signature, putting the blame firmly
> where it belongs ;)

This speaks to a deficiency in the tool. Rather than apologising for bad
etiquette, surely the better course is not to use a tool that needs such
apology?

In other words: if your tool can't compose messages properly, don't
apologise for it; instead, stop using that tool for composing messages.

--
 \       “A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of |
  `\                                           widths.” —Steven Wright |