[Python-ideas] Framework for Python for CS101

Andrew Barnert abarnert at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 08:56:38 CEST 2015

On May 25, 2015, at 22:36, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am talking of a framework for a teacher to chart a course through python, not any changes per se to python itself.

How exactly can you allow a teacher to "chart a course through python" that includes separate function and generator function definition statements, procedures as distinct from functions, etc. without changing Python? Python doesn't have the configurability to switch those features on and off, and also doesn't have the features to switch on in the first place.

> A teacher wanting to chart a different course through python should be free (and encouraged) to do that as well.

I would like a framework for a teacher to chart a course through driving the Nissan 370Z that would allow me to start off teaching hoverpads instead of wheels, but a teacher wanting to chart a different course should be free to start with sails instead. And I want to do this without changing anything about the 370Z.