[Python-ideas] The future of Python: fixing broken error handling in Python 8

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:27:48 EDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 1:19 AM, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Safe mock objects are obviously the Next Error Handling Revolution ™.
> Unicode
> errors now simply disappear and return more
> `_frozensafemockobjectimplementation.SafeMockObjectThatIsIncludedWithPython8`s.

Finally. It's about time. For some reason, technology deals with the
hard problems but not the easy ones. I mean, we put a man on the moon,
but we can't cure the common cold OR cancer. We make aeroplanes that
fly us around the world any time we like, but can't get through
airport security in less than an hour. And we design programming
languages that eliminate memory allocation problems, but can't make it
so bytes and text magically work together.

At last, a language that lets me express myself in code without having
to think about any languages other than my own parochial subset of
English.

ChrisA