[Python-ideas] Lib vs ( App | Project | ... )

Thomas Güttler guettliml at thomas-guettler.de
Mon May 23 05:43:41 EDT 2016

Am 20.05.2016 um 13:36 schrieb Steven D'Aprano:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 08:38:43AM +0200, Thomas Güttler wrote:
>
>> I see no agreement on the name for the concrete installation holding all
>> those nice python libraries.
>
> I don't think you have made the case why we need such an agreement.
>
> What is the *actual problem* you are hoping to solve here?

There is no actual problem. There is not uncaught exception and
no segmentation fault.

But still I fell that there is something wrong with "packaging python".

And I guess the absence of an agreement on "app vs project vs site" is one of the roots of the problem.

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/