[Python-ideas] Shuffled

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Wed Sep 7 19:14:12 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Sven R. Kunze <srkunze at mail.de> wrote:

> @David
> Your idea of a PyPI package could almost work. However, in an interactive
> python console, I expect as much batteries included as possible to make it
> as quick as possible. And considering how simple such wrapper would be, it
> almost does not warrant the download of a third-party package.

Of course I don't think it's worth having a PyPI package for this one
function.  That's why I suggested it could possibly live in `boltons` (that
already contains a lot of other simple functions that aren't in the stdlib)
or in `arek_utils` (which I haven't described except implicitly as a
collection of "a bunch of useful things").

Tim argues that this functionality is even too simple for inclusion in
boltons; that might be true.  But either way, it's not a huge burden in the
interactive console to type a first line of `from my_utils import *` before
getting down to work.