[Python-ideas] Augmented assignment syntax for objects.

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:28:22 EDT 2017

On 26 April 2017 at 22:42, Erik <python at lucidity.plus.com> wrote:
> 2) The original proposal, which does belong on -ideas and has to take into
> account the general case, not just my specific use-case.
>
> The post you are responding to is part of (2), and hence reduced performance
> is a consideration.

Ah, OK. I'm discounting the original proposal, as there don't seem to
be sufficient (i.e., any :-)) actual use cases that aren't covered by
the decorator proposal(s). Or to put it another way, if the only
reason for the syntax proposal is performance then show me a case
where performance is so critical that it warrants a language change.

Sorry for not being clear myself.
Paul