[Python-ideas] Retire or reword the "Beautiful is better than ugly" Zen clause

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Sep 13 09:14:10 EDT 2018

I just want to add my -1 to the list of others who have
already expressed similar opinions.

Please keep the meaning of language associated with the
respective context. Language is always open to interpretation.
It doesn't imply that one particular interpretation is
more right or more wrong, nor does it imply that a meaning in one
context can be equally applied to other contexts.

The Zen of Python clearly applies to programming and language
design. Beauty in design is very similar to beauty in flora. For
me, it refers to a general feeling of consistency, pureness and
standing out on its own. It's abstract and doesn't have
anything to do with humans.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/