[Python-ideas] Retire or reword the "Beautiful is better than ugly" Zen clause

Steve Barnes gadgetsteve at live.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 08:05:53 EDT 2018

On 16/09/2018 10:45, David Mertz wrote:
> You have missed the use of *reductio ad absurdum* in my comment and
> several others. This argument structure is one of the fundamental forms
> of good logical reasoning, and shows nothing dismissive or insulting.
> The specifics book titles I used were carefully chosen, and you'd do
> well to think about why those specific books (and read all of them, if
> you haven't).

For the ultimate "reductio as absurdum" it is possible to argue that one
(1) is elitist and zero (0) is nihilist therefore to avoid offence we
should scrap the entire binary system and with it digital computers -
then the whole argument becomes moot until someone implements python on
an analogue computer. ;-)

--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.