[Python-ideas] Open parenthesis in REPL completion

Danilo J. S. Bellini danilo.bellini at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 16:12:06 EDT 2019

I'm not aware if that was already discussed, but something I find quite
annoying is the REPL auto-complete that also includes the open parenthesis
symbol. I think it shouldn't be included in TAB completion. At least twice
a week I make mistakes like typing "help(something()" with unmatched
parentheses, because the "something" was filled by a TAB completion, and
the trailing open parenthesis wasn't expected (given that there's no such a
completion elsewhere).

--
Danilo J. S. Bellini