installation issues

John E. Mayorga jmayorga5 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 03:03:32 CET 2002

 Michael,
An "rpm -q python" coughs up "python-1.5.3-35"
I guess I'll download, compile, and install the latest stable Python and get back to you.
Thanks again.
John

  Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote: "John E. Mayorga" wrote:

> I've read the mailing list archives, the docs, the FAQ, done
> multiple searches with google, tried, and experimented, and now I
> have to ask: what's wrong with this?
>
> I'm getting the following error when running make (or "python
> setup.py build" for that matter):
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
> File "setup.py", line 38, in ?
> if cfg.has_option('_ldap', 'class'):
> AttributeError: has_option
> make: *** [build] Error 1

Hmm, which version of Python and which version of DistUtils?

Note that python-ldap2.0.0pre has not been tested on Python 1.5.x.
It should work (except module ldapurl).