ldap_url_search ?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Fri Jun 28 23:13:46 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:36:26PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
| Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| >On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 04:44:54PM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
| >| Michael Ströder wrote:
| >|
| >| Anyone having any objections against removing methods url_search*()?
| >|
| >| Anyone really using it?
| >
| >The only objection I have is that it really helped me to learn how to
| >work with an LDAP URL.
|
| How about practicing with the module ldapurl?

How?  The documentation is pretty sparse.  (I guess I could read the
source, though, and then I would say "Ok")

http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/doc/python-ldap/module-ldapurl.html
http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/pydoc/ldapurl.html

If the ldapurl module does everything that the current url_search
methods do, then there is no compelling reason to keep the latter
around.

-D

--

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/