SASL response is not a SASL BindRequest

Michael Ströder michael at
Fri Apr 11 18:44:05 CEST 2003

Stuart Bishop wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "", line 54, in ?
>     l.sasl_bind_s(login_dn,auth)
>   File  "/usr/local/stow/python-2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ldap/
>", line 162, in sasl_bind_s
>     return self._ldap_call(self._l.sasl_bind_s,who,auth)
>   File  "/usr/local/stow/python-2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ldap/
>", line 94, in _ldap_call
>     result = apply(func,args,kwargs)
> ldap.LOCAL_ERROR: {'desc': 'Local error'}

I think I found the error. Do you have by any chance (like me) a library mix
of Cyrus-SASL 1.x and 2.x on your system?

This issue can be solved by editing setup.cfg and using checked in
recently. I've tested it against the test server you mentioned in a personal

Please bring your CVS working tree in sync and test!