SASL response is not a SASL BindRequest

Stuart Bishop stuart.b at commonground.com.au
Thu Apr 17 09:38:02 CEST 2003

Finally got a chance to get back onto this... sorry if anyone was
waiting.

On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 02:44  AM, Michael Ströder wrote:

> I think I found the error. Do you have by any chance (like me) a
> library mix of Cyrus-SASL 1.x and 2.x on your system?

I might have on one of the original test machines (old laptop since
upgraded).
Current test box is OSX 10.2.5 with:
		cyrus-sasl-2.1.12 (installed via fink package manager)
		openldap 2.1.16 (installed via fink package manager)

Out of the OSX box I'm getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "t.py", line 10, in ?
     l.sasl_bind_s("", auth)
   File "/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 157,
in sasl_bind_s
     return self._ldap_call(self._l.sasl_bind_s,who,auth)
   File "/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 87,
in _ldap_call
     result = apply(func,args,kwargs)
ldap.AUTH_UNKNOWN: {'info': 'SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No
worthy mechs found', 'desc': 'Unknown authentication method'}

I've also got a Redhat 7.2 box I can test from, but the RPM installed
OpenLDAP is coredumping when I attempt to SASL auth against the ldap
server, so I don't think python-ldap has much chance :-)

Test script is just Demo/sasl_bind.py with a tweaked LDAP URL and
password.

--
Stuart Bishop <zen at shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/